Chopta is a small village located in the Kedarnath game reserve in the Rudraprayag district of Uttarakhand. It lies at the foot of the Himalayan Garhwal. About 400 miles [400 km] from the capital of India and well connected by busy highways.
A Trip to Chopta once in our life.
The great motto of all hikers or travelers visiting the Himalayas finds inspiration in them. These mountains and nature encourage writers, bloggers, photographers, zoologists, etc. to visit again and again. There are many reasons to visit Chopta, some of which are available
- The amazing beauty of Chopta: The beauty of Chopta can attract any traveler, sitting in a place where the viewer will love the place when he first sees it.
- Many travel options in Chopta: Chopta offers many travel options, such as a trip to Tungnath, a trip to Chandra hila, a trip to Devaria Tal, a trip to Chopta Bugyal, a trip to Rohini Bugyal, Trek to Baniya Kund, etc. a few places where you just can’t sit. Just walk around and feel the blessing of mother nature.
- Chopta Nature & Wildlife: Chopta is part of the Kedarnath Game Reserve, home to some rare Himalayan flora and fauna. By reaching Chopta, you will see that you are in heaven. A paradise for hundreds of birds, animals, flowers, and trees. Come to Chopta, and see for yourself.
- Chopta Range: Chopta is one of the few hill stations in India high above 8,000 feet [8,000 m]. It is located at an astonishing height of 8,790 ft. You can imagine the view of the frozen Himalayas at such a high point.
Planning a trip? – Kedarkantha treks
- Chopta climate: Due to its excellent altitude, the climate in Chopta remains cold throughout the year. In winter it turns snow white and in hot summer, it stays cool and fun. It is therefore advisable to carry heavy fur coats on your trip to Chopta.
- Chopta Camping Option: Chopta Camping is an experience one can get. Inside the woods and the green pastures, pitching your tents here is amazing but you have to get a permit or you have to pay a fee at the forest gate before setting up your tents here.
- Access to Chopta: Chopta is easily accessible by road or we can say that the road passes through in the middle of Chopta. It lies at the crossroads of Kedarnath and Badrinath and is in the middle of the night the famous cities of Uttarakhand namely Gopeshwar & Guptkashi
- Easy Chopta Routes: Chopta is the perfect place for kids, teens, beginners and adults who love to travel. Chopta tracks are very easy to beat and their length and easy to reach. Like Tungnath 3 kms, Chandrashila 5 kms, Deoria Tal 3kms, etc. 9. Places to see in Chopta: You can visit many places in Chopta like the highest Shiva in the world
Tungnath Temple, Chandra Hila Temple, Devariyatal Lake, Chopta Market, Chopta Bugyals and many more.
Nearby places in Chopta: Nearby places of Chopta where you can visit are Baniya Kund, the city of Gopeshwar, Ukhimath, Sari village, Devariyatal, Guptkashi, etc. All of these are popular tourist destinations in themselves so plan your trip accordingly.
Best Time to Visit Chopta
Chopta is a place that looks amazing all year round, in winter experiencing heavy snowfall that has made it a white land of the gods. In the summer, green pastures and fresh flowers make it an ancestral land for angels and in summer the beautiful weather makes it a great place to hide from the hot sun or spend your summer vacation. So please don’t think too much about what good season Chopta should visit and which one is not. However, sometimes it gets a lot of rain during the rainy season so check the weather forecast before planning your trip to Chopta during the rainy season. However, during the rainy season or ‘Savan’ due to the Tungnath temple, Chopta witnesses a large number of pilgrims.
Facts and Travel Tips about Chopta
1. Chopta has no electricity. Yes, read it carefully. The reason is that we fall under the Kedarnath Game Reserve. But hotel owners have solar lights.
2. Manage batteries etc or data bank because solar panels take a lot of time to charge the devices.
3. Talk solo and quietly witness many birds, Royal pika, Himalayan monal, and other animals during your Chopta journey.
4. You can take your tent or camp to Chopta and pitch it there for a small fee in the jungle near the door.
5. Start your early morning walk to see more wildlife and avoid sunburn.
6. You can win three Chopta trips in one day, namely Tungnath, Chandrashila, and Devariyatal. You can book a taxi from Chopta market to Sari village to save travel time.
7. The Tungnath Temple in Chopta is the highest Shiva temple in the world.
8. There is also a long journey between Tungnath and Devariyatal via Rohini Bugyal.