Majorly known for its cultural roots, beaches and warming locals Bali also is known to attract most of the tourists for the iconic nature views that are just beyond breathtaking. Home to a lot of spots that can give you a great magical sunset experience, your trip to Bali will just feel incomplete without at least one dramatic sunset experience here. Forever spreading stellar vibes and epic sunsets here are some of our suggestions to encounter the most mesmerizing sunsets here.
- Romantic sunset on the hillside – Silent Hill- on the hillside of Bugbug Village, you can see the Bukit Asah hill which is also named as “Silent Hill”. You can take a 2-hour drive to reach here from the Kuta beach area, from there all you have to do is follow the directions towards Bukit Asah once you reach the Bugbug village. You can hike up to the hilltop and camp here as well, it’s beautiful inside out. With a panoramic view of Bali’s islands and sea, you could enjoy the majestic sunset. You will have a short visit to your own paradise when you’re here.
- A sunset date with Mount Agung– the east coast of Bali never leaves out a chance to surprise you, and a very good example is the Warung Sunset Point. For all those who seek out calm beaches along with a touch of Balinese experience, take the road Amed that drives you to the east region of Karangasem, and drive past the “Parkir” that will be seen on the way to reach this point. But be sure to ensure that it is safe for you to be in mount Agung due to its active volcanic activities, nevertheless you will get one of the most spectacular views from the top of this point.
- Uluwatu– being a surfers spot, one of the most sought out sunset experiences here is the Single Fin which is a clifftop surf bar where you just sit back and enjoy the overview of the waves. If you want an upgrade then head on to the Anantara for a chic bar and a serene infinity pool. Another gorgeous temple that protects this beautiful island from evil spirits is the Pura Luhur Uluwatu that is located high on a cliff – yet again bali proves to have the best spots for sunsets.
- Jimbaran Bay– located in the south-west is this fishing village that is home to the iconic long golden sand beach. Jimbaran bay is the most preferred place for having fresh seafood and go bar hopping, but along with that make sure you visit the south end of the beach Sundara which has an infinity pool that faces towards the waves of the beach. Just lay back inside the pool and catch the sunset along the beach here on this island.
- Tanah Lot Temple– sitting right on top of a rock formation in the water is this structure was caused due to the constant erosion by the ocean tides. This place is one of the most touristy things to do and is often very crowded but surely lives up to the expectations and is worth all the trouble. The Pura Tanah Lot gives you one of the most special sunsets here in Bali.
- Lovina beaches- a little cut off from the normal touristy things to do in this quaint shore located up on the north shore is the Lovina beach. You can swim with dolphins and enjoy the sunsets along with them too making it a very distinct and memorable experience. The best part is that you get to have the place for yourself, cut off from huge crowds. You can take a beat at one of the beach properties here that are also very much affordable.
- Gili Islands– hop on a ferry and take a ride to the Gili islands that are not exactly in Bali, this island is said to be car-free full of white sandy beaches and pristine blue waters everywhere. Hotel Ombak sunset swing which is a perfect place to witness the sunset in the Gili Trawangan is the most visited by tourists, if you would like a quieter option of islands then you could pick between Gili Meno and Gili Air.
- Pura Ulun Danu Beratan– Bedugul mountains are conveniently tucked away from the big busy cities and beaches. surrounded by a cluster of villages, the main attraction here is the temple of Pura Ulun Danu Beratan – meaning ‘The Temple on Lake Beratan’. The area of Bedugul is situated on elevated land, that adds to the sunsets you can witness from this temple that is just off the lake.
If you’re lucky enough you may find a spot that’s tucked away where you get to witness a gorgeous sunset here in Bali. To give you a few more different suggestions to catch dramatic sunsets you could visit Munduk Moding Plantation, La Brisa Bali beach, Pemuteran Bay and even the Nusa Penida temple. There are so many places that will give you breathtaking views of the sunset, go ahead and find your sunset spot and make yourself customised Bali packages!